2015年8月6日木曜日

If you are harassed by someone, offer counterargument

The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.

Martin Luther King, Jr.


"How many times do I have to tell you?" My senior pointed that out so many times to me. I worked overnight and worked on a day off. Our boss agreed him. When I sent email to my boss that I need help, he sent email to all member of our post including the senior. "Do something to him"





The boss who just yelling isn't the problem

I don't know the definition of harassment exactly. However, when I think back my past,  I think there was a time when I was harassed by my boss and senior.

I asked people around me and I found out that 2 people(it includes me) offered a counterargument and kept in same department, another 2 transferred to different department in silence, and the other one changed team and kept in same department. 
I heard that several people were in same situation as me on past.

Get rid of harassment from your workplace,
The characteristic of people who harass someone.

1. They target weak people and attack them intensively.

2. People who harassed seems good natured person sometimes. So people around him or people who were harassed didn't notice they were harassed.

3. 95% of people who seems good natured person were silent of harassment and pretend to not be watching. So harassment becomes more cruel and underhand.


It seems same as bullying at school. So you have to show them how you are strong.

From my experience, people who harass someone are all "weak".
So contradict them in a loud voice or involve public to offer counterargument. It is very effective.

You shouldn't hesitate to argue how you are right.
(It continues to practice part)

Don't look down people who awkward. Best wishes to you! by isso

Japanese(日本語)


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿